Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Computers Not Covered for Space Invasions

News has been spreading across the web about an interesting clause in Asus's warranty for their computers: the warranty does not apply when "There is damage caused by natural disaster, intentional or unintentional misuse, acts of war, space invasions, abuse, neglect, improper maintenance, or use under abnormal conditions." You can see a longer article here.

So, Asus owners, if those aliens come tomorrow and zap your computer, you're on your own. Just thought I'd warn you.

Apparently Asus caught wind of the ridicule spreading across the web, and took the clause out, which in my opinion is a shame; it certainly made my day!

8 comments:

  1. Well..maybe Asus is trying to tell us something that THEY are coming sooner than we think they maybe here. Maybe just maybe the aliens are just a galaxy or so away and will be here soon.

    Asus is trying to convince us the backup everything ASAP. Like we should be backing up out computer anyhow..:) I am with you it made my day as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. maybe that will help some people to remember to back up their files ;)

      Delete
  2. That is funny! It is a shame they took it out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asus are working together with the aliens I bet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should've left it in! I wonder if that clause is in Alienware's warranty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alienware should definitely have a clause about that!

      Delete
  5. I wish they had left it in - that's funny and memorable!
    By the way, I have an award for you at my blog!
    http://tyreanswritingspot.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucky-meme-award-and-my-toughest-beta.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should have left that clause in because that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete