Well, today seems to be a day for posts about me. I didn't plan it this way, and it is definitely not my favourite topic to talk about, but not only did the fantastic Alex post an interview with me on her blog today (and even if you don't want to hear about me, stop by her blog anyway, because she is a wonderful person with awesome geeky pastimes!), but the awesome David Powers King gave me this blogging award.
1. Sometimes I pronounce words wrong because I've only ever seen them in books and used them in writing.
2. I've only ever left North America once, and it was to go to Romania. I'd love to travel more--Ireland, Thailand, and New Zealand are on my to-visit list!
3. I'm Canadian. As such, polar bear hunting is my favourite sport. All right, all right, my favourite snowy activity is actually snowboarding. I say snowboarding, but I think I actually spend more time on the snow than on the board.
4. I am a musician, and have been in many bands, though I don't have a piano right now so I haven't played much since I moved to the city. I also used to play percussion in an orchestra.
5. I have recurring dreams where I lose my teeth. That's weird, right?
6. I went to four different universities to get my four-year degree in English and one-year certificate in publishing. And no, they didn't kick me out or anything!
7. Though I haven't played in a while, I've built several Magic: The Gathering decks. Yes, my geekery does descend that far.
I will pass this on to a few bloggers who have inspired me lately:
Alex (A Novel Journey) for being awesome, bonding with me over our love of sci-fi, interviewing me, and making some thought-provoking posts on multiculturalism!
Tyrean (Tyrean's Writing Spot) for making it to this special day of publishing her book!
Jamie (Mithril Wisdom) for being a super blogfest co-host with me and making me think critically about all things fantasy through his regular posts.
Vik (Scribblings of an Aspiring Author) for making the effort to celebrate the small things, and encouraging others to do so.
Laura (My Baffling Brain) for struggling through some tricky times juggling school and writing. And for sharing a love of anime, of course ;)
Oh dear, I could continue to go on through my entire blogger friends list, but I'll leave it at that. Cheers, everyone!