Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Nine Princes in Amber

Well, I'd heard him speak of "adding" and "subtracting," as though the universe in which he moved were a big equation.

I decided--with a sudden certainty--that he was somehow adding and subtracting items to and from the world that was visible about us to bring us into closer and closer alignment with that strange place, Amber, for which he was solving.

It was something I'd once known how to do. And the key to it, I knew in a flash, was remembering Amber.

-- pg. 31, "Nine Princes in Amber" by Roger Zelazny

All right, I cheated and gave you three sentences instead of two. This is from one of my favourite books that I am re-reading. Are you intrigued? You should be.

(Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by MizB at Should be Reading.)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds fun :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the best cover ever, but the teaser sounds great!

    Here's mine:

    http://www.wickedlybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good teaser! Solving for a place... interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds cool, I'll have to check it out! Great blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will do an actual review of it somewhere along the line.

      Delete
  5. Allison, I have tagged you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going on my wishlist. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete